Shannon Conrad BSc. RHN is currently on Maternity Leave
Shannon has a diversified educational background which makes her unique in the industry. She is a scientist, teacher, nutritionist and fitness expert all in one. It may seem like an odd combination but this allows Shannon to effectively guide, teach and motivate clients to become an active part of their health and fitness journey. She effectively draws on her scientific knowledge, educational skills, passion for nutrition and training to guide her clients to achieving optimal health, fitness and well-being.
Learn more about how the Holistic Nutrition program with Shannon works.
As a holistic practitioner, Shannon also appreciates that everyone is biochemically unique and therefore has individual needs. She develops personalized nutrition and training protocols to help clients achieve personal health goals while restoring balance, maximizing vitality and performance.
Although having always been a self-professed health and fitness nut, Shannon’s official transition and journey into the health and fitness world began in 2008 after graduating with Merit of Distinction from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. Wanting to take things to the next level, for her personal goals and her career, Shannon soon went on to complete BioSignature Modulation courses and become a Level 2 certified Poliquin Personal Trainer/Strength Coach. Among other courses she has also completed a semi private Advanced Body Composition internship with world-renowned Strength Coach Charles Poliquin and Metabolic Effect Hormonal Fat Loss certifications in order to become certified as a Metabolic Effect Nutritional Consultant (ME-NC).
Always thirsty for knowledge, Shannon is committed to her education and staying in the know. She is continually learning and has a particular interest in hormone optimization, fat loss, thyroid health, PCOS, fertility and pregnancy.
EDUCATION, COURSES & INTERNSHIPS
- Bachelor of Science (Hons), Food Biotechnology, Assumption University, Bangkok, Thailand
- Graduate Diploma of Education, Edith Cowan University, Perth, Australia
- Registered Holistic Nutritionist Diploma, RHN, Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, Toronto
- Personal Training Specialist – Can-Fit-Pro, Toronto
- Biosignature Modulation Certification and annual re-certifications – Poliquin Group, Toronto
- Charles Poliquin’s Body Composition Semi-Private Internship, Rhode Island
- PICP Levels 1 & 2 Strength and Conditioning Specialist – Poliquin Group, Rhode Island/Toronto
- Anatomy for Personal Trainers – Darby Training Systems/Irish Strength Institute, Toronto
- Assessment, Exercise & Program Design (AEPD) – Darby Training Systems, Toronto
- Metabolic Effect Nutritional Consultant (ME-NC)- Hormonal Fat Loss Certification Levels I & II, Metabolic Effect Online Certification
Approach to practice
Shannon truly lives and breaths what she preaches. Her goal is to guide, inspire and empower her clients to take control of their bodies so they can feel and look their best. Her passion is her client’s success and seeing them meet and even exceed their goals.