We offer telemedicine appointments for patients located in Ontario. We hope to answer any questions you have about preparing for, and what happens in, a telemedicine appointment with us. We hope you find this helpful.
Appointment preparation checklist
- If this is your first visit, please ensure you have filled out your patient intake forms in your patient portal.
- You can tell if this is done by clicking the “My Account” link in the menu at the top of the page and then scroll down to and click “Intake Forms“.
- From here you can see any forms assigned to you and their status
- Ensure any lab results you wish to share with your doctor have been submitted to the front desk to be added to your records.
- Try and create a private space for the duration of your consultation and please make an effort to be available on time as you would for a physical appointment.
Preparing for a video or phone appointment
If you are using video or web based conference
- A strong internet connection and a quiet (if possible) space for a confidential conversation
- A working webcam if you plan to use video (click here for instructions from Jane on how to test your webcam before your appointment)
- The Chrome browser, by Google is the preferred browser. If you do not have chrome, you can download chrome here.
If you are using phone based conference
- The doctor’s call will show up as an unrecognized number in your caller id, so please be prepared to answer.
If you are having a video appointment, please select Chrome or iPhone / iPad instructions below
What to expect during and after your appointment
During your appointment, your doctor will be taking notes and may occasionally share their screen to help illustrate explanations, show studies or test results, etc. They will also need a bit of time to take notes during the appointment to record your protocol, so please allow a bit of space in the appointment for your doctor to record this information for you to ensure nothing is forgotten.
After your appointment, the following will happen
- Your card on file will be charged through our secure online portal, in most cases, no action is needed from you for billing. If there is a problem with your card, we will contact you.
- Your protocol will be completed by your doctor by the end of the day. You will receive an email notification when your protocol is ready and you will see it available under the documents section in the patient portal. Please do not worry if you do not see your protocol in the patient portal right away
- You can get your lab requisitions emailed to you by requesting them from the front desk.
- You can order your supplements through the online store. (shipping is less than gas and parking)
- You can book a follow up appointment through the front desk or the patient portal
- You will be notified by email when we receive your lab results.
- If you get your lab requisitions through another doctor, make sure you submit your results to us by emailing or faxing the front desk.
Dr Samina Mitha and Dr Kelly Clinning walk you through a video appointment.