Fertility Naturopath in Toronto – Specialized Knowledge and Care
Toronto naturopath Dr. Fiona McCulloch established our naturopathic fertility program back in 2001 and we have been helping patients to build their families with remarkable success ever since. At White Lotus, we are focused on natural approaches to enhancing fertility. We also have extensive experience in the treatment of all underlying conditions that affect healthy fertility. We assist with natural fertility treatment and we also have a popular program to improve IVF success.
Our Naturopaths provide treatments that include:
- Nutraceutical supplements including vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Fertility diets and nutritional plans, specific to your individual biology
- Miscarriage prevention with vitamins, minerals, and supplements
- Acupuncture (if desired)
- Laboratory testing to determine underlying causes of infertility
How does Fertility Treatment by a Naturopath Work?
We recommend evidence-based nutrition, supplements and botanical medicines focused on:
- Protecting egg quality
- Improving circulation
- Improving implantation
- Regulating hormones
- Reducing clotting and inflammation
- Preventing miscarriage
- Improving success rates of IVF procedures
(we have extensive experience treating IVF patients and will never prescribe treatments that could interact with your protocol)
- Reducing stress
As fertility focused naturopathic doctors, we offer unique care.
- We take a great deal of time analyzing your case. This detailed review often gives us answers as to why you are not able to get pregnant. As a result, we are able to uncover causes of unexplained infertility with a high success rate. We can pinpoint previously undiagnosed imbalances.
- We offer support throughout the entire fertility process, and whenever you have questions, we are here to answer them!
- And finally, we offer insight and experience in naturopathic fertility care – we are highly specialized and have worked with hundreds of patients going through the fertility journey.
- We work along with your fertility doctor – we’re always open to communicating and collaborating for your best care.
What is involved in the naturopathic fertility program?
After carefully reviewing your case, we prescribe individualized combinations of supplements along with a diet program and lifestyle suggestions to increase your ability to conceive. The supplements we choose are those with evidence to support their efficacy.
We also provide acupuncture, using research driven protocols that have been proven to increase fertility by a substantial margin (40-60% increase in success rates for IVF cycles). Acupuncture helps you to feel completely relaxed while improving circulation to the pelvic organs and developing follicles as you go through natural cycles, or prepare for your IVF or IUI cycles. Overall, the program focuses on improving follicle health, implantation rates, and restoring hormonal and emotional balance.
Fertility Conditions that we treat with Naturopathic Medicine and Treatment Timeline
We treat :
If your naturopath is working on your egg quality with supplements and/or acupuncture, it is important to know that your follicles go through a more than a 90 day maturation process in the ovary. It can take this period of time achieve benefits on egg quality, though you may see improvements along the way. For other conditions, treatment time may vary so please feel free to contact us if you have questions.
Stress Is taken Seriously in Naturopathic Medicine!
The fertility process can be draining, and the stress can impact your body, relationships, and life in ways that are profound, not only for your fertility, but for your overall wellbeing. The impact of stress can reduce blood flow to the ovaries and pelvic organs (your body perceives stress as a sign that it must shunt energy into survival mechanisms, and reproduction is not a priority for the body in stressful times). As part of the program, your Naturopath will help you to learn effective treatments and techniques to reduce the impact of stress. We know that this whole process is something you never asked for, or even imagined you’d be going through and we have seen that our methods can help patient reclaim fertility, but also make the whole process less stressful. In addition to our naturopathic fertility services, we also offer counseling support with Julia-Sen, our registered psychologist on staff.
The Only Specialized Fertility Naturopathic Program Offering The Fertile Soul Method
We have trained with Dr Randine Lewis (Author of The Infertility Cure) in the Fertile Soul Method, a highly successful program for enhancing natural fertility, having helped thousands worldwide to conceive. We include this method along with our own naturopathic fertility program. Dr Fiona is one of only 30 advanced practitioners worldwide in Dr Lewis’s specialized group.
As Toronto naturopaths, we offer an in-house program, we also offer a telephone consultation program for out of town patients seeking naturopathic medicine for fertility. Please contact us via telephone or email/web form to inquire about this program.