Grain-Free Carrot Cake Hemp Heart Porridge
You can have your cake and eat it too! Try this comforting recipe for low carbohydrate grain-free “porridge” and start your morning right. You can have the comfort of oatmeal without the blood sugar spike.
Plus, who doesn’t love carrot cake?
- Prep Time 15 Minutes
- Cook Time 2 Minutes
- Total Time 17 Minutes
- Serves 2 People
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 scoop unsweetened vegan protein powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- ½ cup hemp hearts
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seed
- 3 drops stevia (optional)
- ¾ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Toppings: 3 Brazil Nuts and 1 additional tbsp hemp hearts
- Add all ingredients but the ground almonds and toppings to a small saucepan. Stir until combined, then heat over medium heat, just until it begins to boil lightly. No need to cover.
- Once bubbling lightly, stir once over and leave to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in crushed almonds, and drop into a bowl. Top with toppings and eat immediately.